Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A little peek into me!

Before you read this, there is a little disclaimer! I am sure that I am not the only one that does things like this especially this time of year but it makes me feel better to put out there for all to read and know that we are not alone in this time of chaos. Raising children, working, taking care of our husbands, cleaning house, Christmas shopping, baking (yes, on occassion I do bake), wrapping presents, mailing cards, and this that and everything.

So this is my life. I was out of town at a conference last saturday the 6th through tuesday the 9th, came back sick, we hosted the Youree Drive Middle School Christmas party at our house Friday the 12th , hosted a sunday school class party at our house saturday the 13th, cooked for and attended my parents' open house sunday the 14th, monday still sick and back to the doctor this is where the fun begins - yes chaos seems to begin -

This morning I am getting ready as usual, nothing out of the ordinary. Does anyone else out there multitask? I don't mean thinking while driving (that is how Victor describes his multitasking). I mean really multitasking! I am sure that I already knew I did this but this morning I really saw inside myself. I was brushing my teeth and became distressed when I could not find something else to do while brushing my teeth. WHAT?!!? Was I seriously thinking, "I have to do two things at once even in the two minute time span of brushing my teeth?" Yes, I was! Do I need medication? Surely this is described in a some physician desk reference somewhere!

Then I make the comment to Victor that I was surprised that I weighed _____ when I was at the doctor's office this week. I will not put a number here. I will say that it was not much less than I weighed in my last month of pregnancy. So what does Victor say? "I would never guess that you weigh that much." Not upsetting now that we have been married for almost 14 years but Jacob had a response after hearing this. Mom, what he should have said was, "in my mind you weigh just what you did when we got married." Very funny! Too bad Victor did not hear him and I am still wondering how he came up with that!

So as the week comes to an end, I look ahead at all that needs to be accomplished before December 25th.
Prepare food for office lunch Friday
Bake Christmas Cookies
Mail Cards
Finish Shopping
Wrap Gifts
and all of the other things I am forgetting!

If any of you have ideas on how to be an efficient multitasker without loosing your mind, PLEASE give me a crash course!

4 comments:

Kristin Mosura said...

Hi, My name is Kristin and I am addicted to multi-tasking too...
remedy? Dinner out with your girlfriends!

Christmas is almost here and gone and we will SURVIVE :)

Melissa Mainiero said...

Great remedy! Let's schedule it!

Chrissy said...

Not without me!!!!! :)

Melissa Mainiero said...

OK Christina, it's a deal! Kristin, are you going to plan a night out soon? It's January.